Master the Art of Time Management Using Imperyo’s Top Tips
Entrepreneurs need to master many skills to achieve success. Time management is a fundamental entrepreneurial skill, so Imperyo has shared their top tips.
Successful entrepreneurs need to maximise productivity. The quickest and easiest way to improve productivity is to improve time management skills. Imperyo are often asked by their contractors to assist with improving these skills and regularly run voluntary workshops on the topic. The firm believes the importance of mastering time management is the key to success. It allows entrepreneurs to take control of their lives rather than following the flow of others. As they accomplish more each day, make more sound decisions and feel more in control, people notice. Leaders in business will come to them when they need to get things done. And that increased exposure helps put them in line for advancement opportunities.
Imperyo share their top seven tips on mastering time management:
- Create a daily plan and put it in a calendar – Start planning the night before the brain has time to process the tasks ahead of time. Understanding each task has an allocated time span allows focus to be achieved on the task at hand. Modern smart devices make this easy with alerts and apps to assist.
- Know your deadlines – Understanding deadlines, and ensuring things are completed ahead of time allows any issues to be overcome and builds credibility on a personal brand. Use a calendar to mark deadlines ahead of time.
- Time box your activities – As experience grows it becomes easier to give tasks a time frame for completion. Ensure that tasks aren’t over running and maintain focus during each task.
- Focus – Shut off any notifications, switch on aeroplane mode and zone in on the task at hand. By eliminating external distractions entrepreneurs will find that productivity will increase and time wasting will be eliminated.
- Prioritise – The firm encourages its contractors to gain insight into the 80/20 rule to improve productivity. By following the process many entrepreneurs find they have time to spare mixed with an increased rate of productivity.
- Delegate – Take time to understand your surrounding team, understand their strengths and weaknesses. When a task arises assess if it would be better completed by someone else or if time is restricted delegate it to the most suitable person. This will free up time to focus on the important tasks.
- Leave buffer time in-between – Factor in wrapping up time. And ensure a suitable break is made to mentally process the change in task.
Based in Watford, Imperyo is a sales and marketing firm that specialise in delivering tailor-made direct marketing solutions. The firm believe every product and service is different and therefore deserves its own unique marketing campaign. Therefore, they gather market research in order to identify the target market and create a campaign that will achieve the best impact. Imperyo then approach potential consumers at events, public venues and residential areas. Due to the interactive nature of their wok every communication is different and Imperyo are confident that by giving their contractors the tools to manage their time effectively, they will be able to offer a higher quality customer service and generate even better results for clients.